Information and Updates:
We have a new reservation system - Mazevo! Please log in with your UT EID email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). You should be prompted to log in with your EID and password (and DUO). If you have questions about the new reservations system, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
|Fall 2021||August 2021-January 16th, 2022||
SSB space reservations for fall 2021 will open at 10:00 a.m. CDT on Tuesday, July 20th, 2021 for SSB staff. Registered student organizations may begin submitting reservation requests one week later at 10:00 a.m. CDT on Tuesday, July 27th, 2021.
The Glenn Maloney Room and SSB G1.406 will be unavailable for reservation during the Fall 2021 semester due to Proactive Community Testing in SSB.
Friendly disclaimer, we are proceeding ahead with receiving fall space requests under the assumption that we will be back on campus. Reservations may be modified or cancelled based on future building hours, physical distancing regulations, and/or University and Government guidelines.
*Organizations not in good standing are frozen on HornsLink. Organizations are frozen for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: having less than three officers, less than 10 members, an outstanding financial bill, failure to complete Safety Education, and/or failure to complete annual registration. If your organization is frozen on HornsLink, please email Student Activities to learn more about how to resolve the issue.
|Spring/Summer 2022||January 17th, 2022-August 16th 2022||
SSB room reservations for Spring/Summer 2022 will open to SSB staff at 10:00am on Tuesday, October 26th. Registered student organizations can start reserving rooms one week later at 10:00am on Tuesday, November 2nd. The reservation period will include January 17th 2022 through August 16th 2022. Reservations outside of these dates will not be accepted.
The Glenn Maloney Room (G1.310) and small meeting room G1.406 will NOT be available for reservations until further notice. These rooms are being used to support the ongoing efforts of the Proactive Community Testing Program (PCT).
|Room||Type||Standard Occupancy||Social Distancing Occupancy||Data Projector|
- Audio and Visual Equipment
- Common Spaces
- Conference Phone
- Locked Meeting Rooms
- Meeting Room Supplies
- Patio Reservations
- Questions and Assistance
- SSB Reservation Policies
- RSO Reservation Policies
- Room Use Policies
- Standard Room Setup
Ceiling data projector and screens (Audio/Visual) with VGA and HDMI hookup are available in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly Room G1.310, G1.104, G1.106, 3.406 and 4.212. Each department will furnish their own laptop. Prior arrangements may be made with the Building Management Office to check out adaptors. It is strongly recommended that you make an appointment with the building management office prior to your event to review AV use.
Other equipment in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly room includes a sound system with one lavalier microphone and one wireless microphone. Microphones must be checked out from the building management office 24 hours in advance.
The A/V equipment is available only for events held inside the SSB. The requestor will pick up and return all equipment to the Building Electronic Closet located in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly room. A code to the room may be requested through the building manager's office.
If equipment is not returned or if it is damaged as determined by the building manager, the user of the A/V equipment is responsible for the repair or replacement of the equipment.
If sound systems are used in the common area meeting rooms, the decibel range shall be restricted to a level that is not disruptive of other activities in the building.
- Organized and/or amplified sound is not permitted during normal working hours in any public areas on any level unless it is used for an event that has been approved by the Student Services Building Policy Committee.
- Complaints of disruption shall be reported to the building manager.
- Use of the SSB public address system shall be restricted to UTPD and UT Fire officials and shall be used only in emergencies, such as a fire, tornado, etc.
Registered student groups and departments may request meeting space in the common areas of the building through the building manager.
A telephone for use of a conference call within the SSB meeting rooms is available for check-out through the building manager. Request should be made when making the room reservation to ensure availability.
For assistance with locked meeting rooms, call the building management office at 232-2890 Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-4:30 PM. After hours, see the first floor information desk.
Supplies for meeting rooms may be found in the ground floor linen closed (G1.302) and the Glenn Maloney AV closet (G1.310AA). Supplies include:
- Dry-erase markers and erasers
- Cleaning supplies
- Meeting room keys
Departments may use their individual code to access the closets. Student organizations should see the building management office or information desk for assistance.
Please direct all questions relating to meeting room reservations and assistance to the SSB Building Management office at (512) 232-2890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible to Reserve Rooms in SSB?
- Permanent SSB building occupants
- Registered student organizations (RSOs)
Ten meeting rooms in Student Services Building (SSB) are reserved by priority according to SSB Policies and Procedures. Please note that all SSB meeting rooms are self-serve.
Permanent building occupants have first priority for scheduling common area meeting rooms (Glenn Maloney Room, which may be partitioned to create two rooms G1.310 and G1.312; G1.310; G1.312; G1.406; G1.410; G1.402; G1.104; 3.406; G1.116; G1.106; 4.212)
Permanent building occupants shall submit their requirements for meeting space per semester online through Mazevo.
- The official first day to submit reservation requests for fall semester shall be the first Tuesday in May.
- The official first day for submitting reservation requests for Spring and Summer semesters shall be the first Tuesday in November.
The building manager will have final say in any unresolved scheduling conflicts.
All requests for swapping reservations with other SSB departments should be submitted directly through the building manager.
Permanent building occupants shall have five working days prior to the official Mazevo opening date to make any room reservation requests through Mazevo.
After the official Mazevo opening dates, all open times for common area rooms are subject to scheduling by eligible users on a first-come, first-served basis through the building manager.
- In order to submit a room reservation request, you must be an Authorized Representative of a Student Organization that is listed in Hornslink.
- Each RSO is only allowed 2 combined hours per week for weekly meetings in SSB & UA9
- The SSB Building Manager will have final say in all scheduling decisions.
- Contact the Student Services Building Management Office for questions about reservation policies (512-232-2890).
- Contact the Student Organization Center for questions about updating Hornslink (512-471-3065).
Please review all SSB meeting room policies prior to your event.
By reserving a room in the Student Services Building, you agree to:
- Return tables and chairs to the room's standard setup (see diagram on door/wall in room)
- Turn off projector (via touchscreen)
- Turn off lights
- Reset room temperature to 70-75 degrees
- If food was served, clean up crumbs/mess and take all garbage/recycling to ground floor dumpsters (see map on door/wall in room)
- In general, the rooms should be returned to working order for the next users.
Additional furniture reservations and move requests may be submitted through Moving and Events.
Please note that custodial staff are not on duty over the weekends in the SSB.
- 4.212 (PDF)
- 3.406 (PDF)
- G1.104 (PDF)
- G1.106 (PDF)
- G1.116 (PDF)
- G1.402 (PDF)
- G1.410 (PDF)
Tablecloths are available for check-out on a first-come, first serve basis from the building manager. The Student Services Building (SSB) tablecloths are to be used only in the building. The building manager will clean and maintain the check-out of tablecloths. Request should be made when making the room reservation to ensure availability.