COVID-19 Information and Updates:
ALL reservations at the Student Services Building (SSB) will be CANCELLED for the rest of the Fall 2020 Semester. This includes reservations for both internal staff and registered student organizations.
Due to UHS’s presence and activities in the building, we are trying to severely limit meetings/events and discourage studying/congregating in common areas of the building.
|Fall 2020||August 22nd 2020-January 19th 2021||
Reservations will generally not be permitted in SSB for Fall 2020.
All existing reservations will be cancelled and reservation contacts will be notified via email.
* If there is a critical need to hold your meeting/small event in SSB, please contact Julie Wier at Julie.email@example.com. Critical reservations will be considered on a case by case basis.
We recommend holding all of your meetings online.
Dean of Students departments may reserve rooms at UA9 for small meetings between 8:00am-5:00pm M-F.
|Room||Type||Standard Occupancy||Social Distancing Occupancy||Data Projector|
|G1.310||(South) General Use||58||27||Yes|
|G1.312||(North) General Use||22||n/a||Yes|
|G1.310||(Whole Room) General Use||80||27||Yes|
- Audio and Visual Equipment
- Common Spaces
- Conference Phone
- Locked Meeting Rooms
- Meeting Room Supplies
- Patio Reservations
- Questions and Assistance
- SSB Reservation Policies
- RSO Reservation Policies
- Room Use Policies
- Standard Room Setup
Ceiling data projector and screens (Audio/Visual) with VGA and HDMI hookup are available in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly Room G1.310, G1.104, G1.106, 3.406 and 4.212. Each department will furnish their own laptop. Prior arrangements may be made with the Building Management Office to check out adaptors. It is strongly recommended that you make an appointment with the building management office prior to your event to review AV use.
Other equipment in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly room includes a sound system with one lavalier microphone and one wireless microphone. Microphones must be checked out from the building management office 24 hours in advance.
The A/V equipment is available only for events held inside the SSB. The requestor will pick up and return all equipment to the Building Electronic Closet located in the Glenn W. Maloney Student Assembly room. A code to the room may be requested through the building manager's office.
If equipment is not returned or if it is damaged as determined by the building manager, the user of the A/V equipment is responsible for the repair or replacement of the equipment.
If sound systems are used in the common area meeting rooms, the decibel range shall be restricted to a level that is not disruptive of other activities in the building.
- Organized and/or amplified sound is not permitted during normal working hours in any public areas on any level unless it is used for an event that has been approved by the Student Services Building Policy Committee.
- Complaints of disruption shall be reported to the building manager.
- Use of the SSB public address system shall be restricted to UTPD and UT Fire officials and shall be used only in emergencies, such as a fire, tornado, etc.
Registered student groups and departments may request meeting space in the common areas of the building through the building manager.
A telephone for use of a conference call within the SSB meeting rooms is available for check-out through the building manager. Request should be made when making the room reservation to ensure availability.
For assistance with locked meeting rooms, call the building management office at 232-2890 Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-4:30 PM. After hours, see the first floor information desk.
Supplies for meeting rooms may be found in the ground floor linen closed (G1.302) and the Glenn Maloney AV closet (G1.310AA). Supplies include:
- Dry-erase markers and erasers
- Cleaning supplies
- Meeting room keys
Departments may use their individual code to access the closets. Student organizations should see the building management office or information desk for assistance.
The South and West Patio areas may be reserved through the Outdoors Spaces form on Virtual EMS. The space is managed by Student Activities.
Please direct all questions relating to meeting room reservations and assistance to the SSB Building Management office at (512) 232-2890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible to Reserve Rooms in SSB?
- Permanent SSB building occupants
- Registered student organizations (RSOs)
Ten meeting rooms in Student Services Building (SSB) are reserved by priority according to SSB Policies and Procedures. Please note that all SSB meeting rooms are self-serve.
Permanent building occupants have first priority for scheduling common area meeting rooms (Glenn Maloney Room, which may be partitioned to create two rooms G1.310 and G1.312; G1.310; G1.312; G1.406; G1.410; G1.402; G1.104; 3.406; G1.116; G1.106; 4.212)
Permanent building occupants shall submit their requirements for meeting space per semester online through the Virtual EMS system.
- The official first day to submit reservation requests for fall semester shall be the first Tuesday in May.
- The official first day for submitting reservation requests for Spring and Summer semesters shall be the first Tuesday in November.
The building manager will have final say in any unresolved scheduling conflicts.
All requests for swapping reservations with other SSB departments should be submitted directly through the building manager.
Permanent building occupants shall have five working days prior to the official EMS opening date to make any room reservation requests through Virtual EMS.
After the official EMS opening dates, all open times for common area rooms are subject to scheduling by eligible users on a first-come, first-served basis through the building manager.
- In order to submit a room reservation request, you must be an Authorized Representative of a Student Organization that is listed in Hornslink.
- Each RSO is only allowed 2 combined hours per week for weekly meetings in SAC, SSB, UA9 (2609 University Ave.), and UNB. If you request more than 2 combined hours in the SAC, SSB, and Union, your request will be cancelled.
- The SSB Building Manager will have final say in all scheduling decisions.
- Contact the Student Services Building Management Office for questions about reservation policies (512-232-2890).
- Contact the Student Organization Center for questions about updating Hornslink (512-471-3065).
Please review all SSB meeting room policies prior to your event.
By reserving a room in the Student Services Building, you agree to:
- Return tables and chairs to the room's standard setup (see diagram on door/wall in room)
- Turn off projector (via touchscreen)
- Turn off lights
- Reset room temperature to 70-75 degrees
- If food was served, clean up crumbs/mess and take all garbage/recycling to ground floor dumpsters (see map on door/wall in room)
- In general, the rooms should be returned to working order for the next users.
Additional furniture reservations and move requests may be submitted through Moving and Events.
Please note that custodial staff are not on duty over the weekends in the SSB.
- 4.212 (PDF)
- 3.406 (PDF)
- G1.104 (PDF)
- G1.106 (PDF)
- G1.116 (PDF)
- G1.310 (PDF)
- G1.402 (PDF)
- G1.406 (PDF)
- G1.410 (PDF)
Tablecloths are available for check-out on a first-come, first serve basis from the building manager. The Student Services Building (SSB) tablecloths are to be used only in the building. The building manager will clean and maintain the check-out of tablecloths. Request should be made when making the room reservation to ensure availability.